Sara M. Gilmore is
located at 815-17th Street
in Union City, New Jersey.
It is situated between Summit and
Kerrigan Avenues. We are a small school
but a thriving community of learners, educators, parents and community members. Gilmore
School was founded in 1899. It was originally known as School #4 in West
Hoboken. In 1925, the
cities of West Hoboken and Union Hill merged to become
what we know as Union City. The school was later named after Sara M.
Gilmore who was a teacher from 1879 to 1894 and a principal from 1894 to 1919.
School is a Kindergarten through
fifth grade school with an enrollment of approximately 400 students. Our school colors are maroon and white and
our mascot is the LEOPARD. Our main
focus is to give our students a strong foundation in reading and math in order
for them to become successful students throughout their educational endeavors.